Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Two Weeks

Is not enough to time share my thoughts
To snuggle into a couch in a yellow home
To process
To fix the light bulb in our living room.

But it holds promise
A spoken promise from the Lord
Of a hope and a delightful future
Of Austin, of ministry, of sipping coffee on wooden slats.

Reminds me that I love people

Allows me to take my time falling asleep
To finish the last few chapters of an enchanting 864 page novel
To share breakfast with my favorite red headed friend

And finally brings me back to Starr Avenue where it really all began
Where I drive with the windows down, my hand out the window palm up,
Proclaiming that “Clocks” by Coldplay means everything to me
Where leaves slip across my window and the wind billows my hair behind my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment